Chaos Chao
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Katsuke & Xander

Go down

Katsuke & Xander Empty Katsuke & Xander

Post by Ryu Chao Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:40 am

Setting: Taking place when Katsuke is roughly 17 years old and Xander is 15.

The Dragon & The Bull

"Oi"

The bull chao didn't have to turn to the source to know he was being called. The bull chao seemed to be a young teen judging by his build. Other chao would guess he was in his twenties judging by his height. He had taken a teleporter to Neo Terra from Pyrosion and sat in the cool green grass of a hill.

He was enjoying the peace and serenity when he heard someone call out to him.

"Don't ignore me bud" the person from before said "explain something to me, why'd ya let those punks rough ya up?"

"..."

"...a silent one eh sitting bull? Fine, at least tell me what this amulet means to ya"

At this point the bull chao quickly turned his gaze to the chao standing several feet above him. He was a dragon chao wearing a vest and baggy pants. The bull noticed he had a black eye and a few cuts on his face. He had dark grey skin, orange eyes and a thin lizard like tail.

"Can't stand bullies" the dragon said, tossing the amulet back at the bull who caught it "you're a big guy, ya could'a wiped the floor with them"

"...Power doesn't give you the right to oppress" the bull said putting the amulet on "my abuelo taught me that"

"Abu-what now?"

"My grandfather" the bull said "this gold plated horn was a piece of his horn he passed on to me" he said clutching the amulet.

"Yeah? Sounds valuable, don't lose it again" the dragon said, giving a wave and walking off.

"Wait!" the bull said. Walking up the cliff to meet the dragon.

"Ah? What is it?" the fire dragon asked turning his head and stopping his walk.

"What's your name?" the bull asked.

"Katsuke Kamiryu" the fire dragon said with a slight smirk.

"I am Xavier Neo Dermitio" the bull said.

"Ah? Man, that's way too long and annoying" Katsuke said irritably "I'm calling ya Xander"

"Xander?"

"Yep, Xander" Katsuke said with a nod "see ya around sitting bull"

"Wait!" the bull called out again. The dragon stopped his walk, snorted smoke out of his nose and snapped his head so quick in his direction an audible snap could be heard from his neck "WHAT DAMNIT?!" he roared at the bull.

Xander, as he was to be called blinked and then smiled "thank you" he said "this pendant means alot to me...thanks for getting it back for me"

Katsuke huffed a bit, some smoke escaping his mouth "yeah...yer welcome...or whatever" he said with a wave before continuing his walk.

Xander watched the dragon walk off without another word. He clutched his grandfather's amulet in hand momentarily and closed his eyes.

'Xavier, you must never use your height or power to intimidate others' an ancient voice said to him 'you are a good child, a pure boy, never change that about yourself'

-Xander's pov-

Abuelo, you were always good to me. You always made sure to discipline me if I was out of hand. You made sure I never strayed off the path of peace.

The next few days were rather uneventful. I stayed quiet in school and completed my assingments. I'd keep a look out for Katsuke but it was safe to assume he didn't go to my school.

I was always rather tall for my age. When I was younger i'd intimidate other kids my age and push them around because I felt like I could.

Abuelo would always lecture and berate me. Even though he was old and rather frail he always had herculean discipline when I was being disciplined.

Eventually he passed away. A loss that still saddens me to this day but it's become bearable over the years. I keep true to his words and keep myself out of fights and any altercations.

Several chao pick on me because i'm quiet. They believe I am weak and have this "height just for show" let them think what they wish really.

Last week, I was ganged up on and had my amulet taken. How I so badly wanted to break them...but I chose to walk away. Taking their punishment wordlessly.

So infuriated by the circumstances I went to Neo Terra to calm myself and at the same time berate myself for allowing my grandfather's keep sake to be taken. Then he appeared and gave it back.

Just who was he?

-End-

The same thugs from before stalked Xander as he walked home from school. The large chao had earphones on so he never heard the foot steps behind him. He just felt a sharp pain on the back of his head and his world went black.

Hours later he awakened. He was no longer on Pyrosion. He could tell that from the green grass and clear lake water. He found himself chained to a chair surrounded by several chao weilding weapons.

One chao wore a smirk and held his pendant "well, well, well, if it ain't the mute bull"

Xander narrowed his eyes. The chao who spoke first was the leader of the thugs that had taken his pendant before.

"This means alot to ya don't it billy bull?" the leader asked "so much in fact...that little shit Kamiryu challenged us to get it" he growled.

Xander showed some surprise at his words but remained quiet.

"Well, it don't matta now" the leader said "I got a proposition billy bull...i'll give ya yer little yellow horn back...if ya join my brigade"

"..." Xander's eyes darkened and he muttered something under his breath.

"eh? What was that?"

"Go to hell" Xander said darkly and he tried to stand but couldn't budge.

"AH?! so is that yer answer you shit?!" the leader roared, running over and decking him in the face.

"These are dragon chains, made to sap the power of any thing binded by them" the leader said.

"Well fine, ya don't wanna join? Then I got no use fer ya" he said evilly "you can go die...but your keepsake goes first" he said, dropping the pendant to the floor.

He snapped his fingers and one of his men weilding a large hammer stepped up and raised it overhead.

Xander could only watch in horror. Time seemed to slow down as the hammer closed in on the horn.

"KARYU: TEKKEN! (FIRE DRAGON'S: IRON FIST!)"

The hammer was shattered by a flame encased fist. The hammer weilder suddenly felt a fist slam into his stomach. He was lifted off the ground, spun and slammed back into the ground using the momentum of the punch.

"SHEESH, everytime I see ya yer always sitting down, yer quite a lazy bull ain't cha?" Katsuke asked Xander.

"Kamiryu! You basta-" the leader yelled out and attempted to attack Katsuke only for the dragon to tail slap him into the lake "shaddap" he growled and pulled a cellphone out. He dialed a number and seemed irritated at the wait "hello? Pyronian hospital? We're under the water bridge on Neo terra, please send enough ambulances for..." he counted the thugs and grinned "six ambulances" he said begore throwing the cell phone into the lake.

The leader popped up from the lake. "Get him!" he ordered.

The thugs rushed Katsuke at once. The bull watched as the dragon picked up his pendant and tossed it into his lap.

The first thug slammed his kendo stick into Katsuke's head. Had the dragon kept his attention on the thugs and not the pendant he probably could've dodged the blow.

The fire dragon didn't stumble from the blow however. He quickly decked the thug "Listen up Xander!" he roared as he got into a stance.

He dodged some attacks but took some as he continued to talk "yer grandad taught ya well...."

"...ya choose not to fight..." Katsuke took out one thug but was assaulted by two more.

"...because of what yer grandad says....that's a promise between men...I respect that..." he said, delivering a right straight punch to a thug "...but right now...me and you...lets make another promise..."

He held off well against several thugs "...I swear a dragon's oath! That I'll fight for what you believe in and I'll defend it with all my might!" he declared "...but this be a two way street..." he said with a grin.

The numbers finally caught up and Katsuke was thrown in front of Xander. He smirked as he was now face to face with the bull, albeit upside down.

"I'll fight...fer yer ideals and morals...and put my life on the line for what ya believe in...but you do the same for me as well little Ushi (bull)" he said pointing a finger in his face "...ya promise?" he asked, bleeding from his mouth but grinning nonetheless.

'Xavier...there will eventually come a time we you will make a friend' the old voice said 'he may be brash, loud and will not hesitate to get you angry...but he will be fiercely loyal and defend you and your ideals...only when that person is in danger...do you raise your fists for combat'

'B-But abuelo....you said...'

'Hohohohohoho, to not use your height or power to oppress others....I said nothing of the sort in regards to defending someone dear to you...fight for your friends my grandchild, not yourself'

"...I promise" Xander said with a nod. Katsuke was suddenly dragged away by his feet.

Before he was completely out of range he let out a stream of fire at Xander. The chains super-heated and Xander used his fire manipulation to break them off.

"Get your hands off my friend! Now!" Xander roared out. In an instant he closed the distance between them and using the charging motion along with his horns he launched several thugs into the air.

Katsuke kipped up and immediately put himself back to back with Xander.

"You alright?" Xander asked.

"Kekeke, if ya got time ta ask stupid questions ya got time to defend yourself" the dragon said as the group of thugs closed in on them.

-Sometime later-

"Nyo! Katsuke what happened to you?" Bella asked alarmed seeing the dragon come home with a noticeable limp.

"heh heh heh...set the table for one more...I got a friend with me" he said with a bloody grin.

Xander helped him inside "I hope i'm not intruding" he said politely, his pendant back around his neck.

"Nyo~ any friend of Katsuke's is always welcomed here" she said cheerily "Go wash your hands, dinner will be ready in a bit" the red tiger female said.

Xander excused himself. Just as he left the room he could hear Bella lecturing Katsuke. The bull smiled widely and gave his pendant a small squeaze.

'Right as usual' he thought.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Front Desk Associate
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum