Chaos Chao
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Path Carver

Go down

The Path Carver Empty The Path Carver

Post by Ryu Chao Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Brendan stood in front of his village weilding the newly forged blade known as the Path Maker. He had his eyes closed deep in thought.

"You needed one more ingredient....right?" a weak voice echoed in his mind 'My body...my scales...use it as you see fit...the...soul...metal...'

Brendon silently weilded the path cutter. The sword that required many different materials from the planets to make. The final material being "soul metal" which could only be given willingly by a pure hearted and untainted soul of a chao who could use the metal element.

"Thank you lad...because of you we can continue on our ways" Brendon said solemnly "...one life for many...it's how it's always been" he said. The path maker would take the life of the wielder but in exchange would allow his people further access into the mountain allowing them to expand and cultivate. Just as they had been doing since before the Chao existed.

Brendon raised the blade above his head. The gorlock gave a mighty yell as he swung the sword down with all his might.

Time seemed to stop briefly before a massive shockwave erupted and sliced through the heavy layers of rock creating a path.

Brendon smiled seeing the new path made. He then felt his strength slowly leave him. The sword fell from his grip. As it completed it's use it shattered into dust. The male fell to one knee before he fell to the ground face first.

He groaned softly and stood finding himself in a world of white.

"Is this...it?" he asked aloud tiredly. His voice echoing throughout the nothingness of the void he was in.

"Yes...but not for you" a voice said causing him to turn around. His eyes widened in shock seeing Kane Mason standing before him.

Kane smirked at him "I still have one job to do...becoming a part of that sword bonded me to it..." he said. He suddenly started to vanish "but now...I'm free" he said.

"W-Wha...L-lad....I..."

"I'll go in your place Brendon..." Kane declared "you still have so much to offer your village..." tears made their way to his eyes "...thank you...I can...see...her...again...at last..." he said, closing his eyes and fading away just as his tears fell.

Brendan suddenly found himself back in his village. The entire crowd of mourners gasped as he raised himself to a sitting position.

He ignored them however, gazing at the path that had been carved seeing two figures standing before it.

Kane gazed at him and gave him a nod before he turned to a transparent silver haired female fox chao. She smiled warmly at him before taking a hold of his hand. The two walked off hand in hand their tails intertwining and they vanished.

Brendon closed his eyes and a single tear fell from his eye.

"MY NAME IS KANE MASON! You want to weild and forge the legendary Path maker don't you? Please! Let me come with you on your journey!"

'In the end...it's what ya wanted isn't it?' the Young Gorlock thought 'You exchanged your spirit...not only to spare mine, not only to help my people...but to see her again' he smiled yet again, the tears still pouring 'You...were dedicated to her, until the very end, weren't you lad?'

In tribute to the metal dragon, he visited Naiya Kojiro's statue located in the Chao garden and placed a boquet of metal roses at her feet.

'Until...the last rose welts...I will keep loving her' he recalled Kane's final words being before the life finally left his body.

"Ya must've been one fine woman to have such a dedicated fella' with ya..." he said gazing up at Naiya's statue "...take care lads, rest in peace" he said with a polite bow of his head.

The Gorlock left the chao garden wordlessly. Two transparent images watched him leave before gazing at each other. Kane gently cupped Naiya's cheek before kissing her on the lips. She wrapped her arms around his neck deepening the kiss and the two vanished. Metal and Crystal had at last returned to the earth from which they came.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Front Desk Associate
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum