Chaos Chao
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Taking A Chance. A Brother's Backbone"

2 posters

Go down

"Taking A Chance. A Brother's Backbone"  Empty "Taking A Chance. A Brother's Backbone"

Post by Naiya Chao Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:43 pm

"SUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Comet's eyes widened and he tried to get out of the way of a large shadow barreling towards the ground.

"PPPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" there was a loud explosion and shock-wave. From the dust that had been kicked up a chao could be seen. As the smoke cleared Comet sweat-droppped seeing his older brother Atlas (aka Astro) struck a pose in the middle of the crater he made. He wore a bright red Hawaiian shirt, black swim trunks and sandals.
The chao suddenly jumped up revealing an afro like hairdo, sunglasses and a large smile "Hey there little bro, what's shaking?" he asked, the tail and ears he had revealed him to be a Bobcat Chao.

"I... I really wish you'd stop doing that in the near future... You know how I am with loud noises..." His face saddens as he sees the flashy person who had just approached him. Comet shifted the books in his arms as if trying to reorganize them in a neat stack. He pushes his glasses back up against the bridge of his nose before looking back at Atlas. "I guess your day went well as always." His voice was quiet, he wasn't sure how he should begin this conversation now that his brother arrived. Comet's not one to begin a conversation, let alone lead one.

"Hey, hey, hey, relax little bro, I ain't here ta cause no trouble or nothing" he said "I just wanna see what my bro's up ta" he noticed the books in his arms "Studying as always huh? Well, that's good, education is important in this day and age" he said
"But seriously Comet, when are ya gonna go out and have a bit of fun?" Atlas asked him placing his hands on his hips.

"F-fu--" Comet blinked repeatedly. He hears that word and starts thinking about a large group of people mingling. He would like that but.... so many people. So many different kinds of people. How on earth could he possibly have fun with so many people? The fear began to over-whelmed him and he only thought about it. Some of his fur started to stand on end. Comet shakes his head in near denial as he walked passed Atlas. He didn't want his big brother to see his face as he answers. "I think tending to my studies is fun to me. I am just getting into the fundamental magnetism if our Solar System." There was a sweat drop trickling down as he laid his books on a table.

"Geez man, c'mon" Atlas said following him "I know you're timid but there's only so much studying can do for ya, ya don't wanna grow up and be a lonely cat guy living by himself do ya?" he asked Comet.

Comet frowned as he quickly faces Atlas. "I... I look like a cat...?" (Comet is a mouse-chao.) He shook his head from that mistake he just heard and continued as if nothing happened. "I really wish I could... or know how... but I... I just can't. I mean who needs some nerd who talks about... well.. this stuff..." He gestured over to his books. "Its what I am interested in... But... I'm..." He lets out a sigh. "Just look at me Atlas... What... what do you think of me when you see me...?" He has the look on his face like a pet just out of the rain outside.

Atlas went over and hugged his brother "I see a guy who's spending his time on books and learning a bunch of stuff...but doesn't know what it's like to have friends" he said in a genuine soft voice "Sometimes...ya gotta take a chance little bro" he said holding him at shoulder length “C'mon, I hear there's a party at Aquatica" he said "There should be lotsa cute girls there"

That was a nice feeling. He doesn't usually get hugs. He doesn't ask, but he wouldn't mind it. Not too much though... Bah... Comet couldn't make up his mind exactly what he expect when it comes to getting attention like this. He sighed, giving in to that answer. It was reassuring to hear something honest from someone close. Just as his stress level had settled, the word "girls" entered into his ears. He opened his eyes widely before reacting with a shove away from Atlas.

“What...? Girls? You... you mean "girls"-Girls? What did you do Atlas?!” Comet started backing up. “Don't tell me you tried to hook me up with someone! I'll choke! I'll get an asthma attack! I'll stress out! My fur will fall out and I just pass out from traumatic stress!” As Comet talks, his body began to emit a minor static discharge. It was starting to affect the lights of their home. When Comet panics too much, he is in danger of releasing a static discharge that could cause a wide spread damage. The range depending on the charge which also depends on his anxiety level! “I... can't talk to... I mean... you know I am not good with talking to girls!”

"I was joking! I was joking!" Atlas said quickly pulling him into another hug 'Man, I forget how he can be at times....I really gotta remember this about him' he thought.

Comet being hugged again started to feel his static charge go away. He knew he was about to light up the whole house, but he couldn't control it. He needs to find a way how one day. “O... okay. I guess I will go... Just a peek.” He looked over at his trusted journal. He felt the need to write in it right now. He'll wait till Atlas leaves before he'll do. “So... who... else do you think is coming?” The tone in his voice was balanced, he sounded calm again.

"Not sure, that's what a party is" Atlas said patting his brother's head and ruffling his hair.
Naiya Chao
Naiya Chao

Number of posts : 68
Location : Uhm... On some Street in some City, on some State, In Some Country, On Some Planet in some Galexy of some Universe. XD
Job/hobbies : I am a Store Clerk as well as a College Student
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

"Taking A Chance. A Brother's Backbone"  Empty Re: "Taking A Chance. A Brother's Backbone"

Post by Ryu Chao Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:02 pm

Man, I'm really surprised how detailed we made their back story, ya know? We should so totally write it out.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Front Desk Associate
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum