Chaos Chao
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP Empty The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP

Post by Ryu Chao Mon May 21, 2012 10:41 pm

Summary: The Pokemon RP will utilize logic from both the game and the anime. We'll use what works and leave out what doesn't I'd say.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

"Alright Volcan, today's the day we start our conquest of the Sinnoh region!" a passionate male said pointing to the Oreburgh city Pokemon gym.

The trainer in question had a questionable attire for the summer season. He had a black trench-coat that had the words "Kojima Way" written on the back. He had sunglasses, a fedora hat, fingerless gloves and boots. His attire beneath the coat was a red shirt, black pants and a red belt that contained his pokeballs. He had short spiky hair and tanned skin.

His Typhlosion by his side gave a nod and sweat-dropped slightly at his declaration but went along with it. The automatic doors of the gym opened revealing the battleground already in use.

"Ah damn...looks like we got here too late...well, lets check it out anyway, I know Roark uses rock types but It's always nice to see what we can find out right?" he asked his partner causing him to nod calmly again.

The two entered the gym ignoring the sounds of explosions of attacks colliding as they made their way to the empty bleachers.

"Huh...lets see" the male said now focusing on the battle "Roark is using a Rhampardos...pretty powerful looking one too..." he muttered "It looks kinda smug...must'a knocked out a pokemon" he said. The sounds of a pokemon being sent out were heard and he looked at the other half of the battlefield "and his opponent is...wow a Drapion?" the male said seeing a purple scorpion pokemon being sent out.

-Pokemon Battle-

"My dad told me a lot about a persistent woman who challenged him quite a few times" Roark said with a smile "This battle's been amazing so far" he said "Lets give it our all Rhampardos! Use Head Smash!" he commanded. The rock raptor gave a roar and charged at Drapion with a glowing head.

Last edited by Ryu Chao on Fri May 25, 2012 10:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Number of posts : 320
Job/hobbies : Front Desk Associate
Registration date : 2011-10-13

Back to top Go down

The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP Empty Re: The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP

Post by Amy Chao Thu May 24, 2012 10:34 pm

The challenger stood at the opposite side of the ring, she looked composed and calm as she watched her opponent call out his move. She was clad in a black top, a grey thin jacket covered her back and arms. Under that was a pair of jean shorts, and under that some tight fitting black pants.

Her pokemon choice Drapion awaited her command as he prepared himself for an incoming attack from rampardos.

This was Rowarks last pokemon, and after knocking out her Muk, his challenger Sai refused to choose a type that had the advantage, mostly because the gym leader she was facing was related to Byron, the steal type leader, and she wanted to see how she would fair against rock with out the help of a water or grass.

As the rampardos neared his target, a voice was heard.
"Lilac now! use your pincers to grapple that rampardos" she called out, raising a hand to point at the target. Her purple hair bounced slightly from her quick movement.

The large purple scorpion readied it's pincers and ducked just as the rock lizard would have made contact, managed to grab right onto the charging rampardos and began to quickly toss it over him and towards a large boulder on the ground behind them.

"Follow that up with a cross poison attack!"
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Number of posts : 113
Job/hobbies : I love my car |3
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP Empty Re: The Journey To The Summit - The Official Pokemon RP

Post by Ryu Chao Thu May 24, 2012 10:54 pm

The rock lizard smashed into the boulder behind them but quickly stood.

"Screech Now!" Roark commanded. Just as cross poison would've reached Rampardos unleashed a powerful shriek from its mouth which repelled the purple X-shaped attack away. The noise sounded like a combination of nails raking across a chalk board mixed with drilling.

"Huh...that's a new way of using that attack" Masaru said taking notes.

"Rampardos! Use Earthquake!" Roark said. The headbutt pokemon gave a loud cry and a large shockwave erupted all around him uprooting the ground.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Thu May 24, 2012 11:58 pm

Sais eyebrows narrowed, every single time that someone used the move earthquake against her pokemon she always felt like she was being cheated out of a victory, so she made sure to plan ahead for such an occasion. Her arms crossed in front of her chest as she watched the ground begin to shake.

"Lilac! Aim a pin missile at the ground, dodge it!" She called out
Drapions pin sir like arms quickly aimed at the ground, shooting up a storm of white glowing arrows underneath itself.
The purple like scorpion used it's glowing pinsirs and tails to momentarily propelled itself upwards attempting to dodge the attack. The pin missile just provided the necessary push it needed to lift itself.

"Night slash"
Lilacs long right arm slashed at the air creating a long dark projectile attack, launching it at Rampardos.

Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Fri May 25, 2012 10:43 am

'Interesting' Masaru thought seeing the battle.

"Nice dodge" Roark commented "Rampardos, meet that Night slash head on with Head Smash!"

Rampardos's blue head glowed with energy and he charged at the dark projectile. The attacks clashed causing an explosion. Despite the smoke the Rampardos continued to charge forward with Head Smash and soon burst through the smoke. Rampardos wasn't unscathed as he charged towards Drapion. It looked like the Night slash did some damage.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Fri May 25, 2012 11:47 am

The purple haired challenger stayed quiet as she watched the opponent burst through the smoke, once again charging towards Drapion. The scorpion stood its ground once again readying itself to get hit by this attack. 

Just as rampardos would have connected the massive purple pinsirs grabbed on the two large horns on each side of rampardos head. The rock lizard however kept charging and manage to push drapion backwards towards a large boulder. 
Drapion winced as his back collided with the rock, with teeth clenching his grip held strong and he was able to keep the head smash at bay. 

"toss it again, and a cross poison!"
Drapions grip tightened once again and prepared to toss rampardos
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Sat May 26, 2012 6:45 pm

"Rampardos break away with Flame thrower!" Roark commanded suddenly. The headbutt pokemon quickly angled his head and let out a torrent of flames point blank at Drapion's face.

'Wow, Flamethrower?' Masaru thought surprised 'I guess he taught Rampardos that considering how many challengers with grass types he must get' he reasoned.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Sun May 27, 2012 8:35 pm

Drapion growled as it was hit in the face with a flamethrower attack, he closed his eyes and then continued to toss rhampardos despite the fact that he was engulfed in flames, a black silhouette could be seen within the fire followed by a purple glow, the cross poison shot out of the flames aimed directly at the rock lizard.

Sai didn't say anything as she watched the fires around her pokemon subside. Some spots on the scorpion pokemon were blackened, but it didn't appear to be seriously burned.

Drapion took a few seconds to take a breather, it breathed heavily but after a bit composed himself, it was pretty bang up but still showed signs of fight left in it.

"Pin missile!"

It took a moment but Drapion roared and its pinsirs let out light stinging arrows, aimed towards Rhampardos.
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Mon May 28, 2012 10:18 am

Rampardos was slammed with Cross Poison in mid air causing it to slam into the ground. It rose and gritted his teeth as the pin missile hit him directly. Due to being a rock type bug type moves didn't have that much effect on him. The damage from the previous attacks were taking its toll however none of the attacks had yet to crit due to Rampardos' Mold Breaker ability, allowing him to cancel out abilities.

"Rampardos...use Rock Polish!" Roark commanded. Rampardos' body had a brown glow to it suddenly and his body seemed Shinier.

"Stone Edge!"

The head butt pokemon slammed its tail into the ground and a large ring of sharp rocks erupted around Drapion.

"Sandstorm!"

Rampardos gave a roar and a large wind carrying sand surrounded the field.

"Head smash!" Rampardos quickly blitzed at Drapion quickly moving from left to right giving the illusion that double team was being used as after images were appearing.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

From Mold Breaker on Bulbapedia:

"Roark's Rampardos's Mold Breaker stopped Ash's Pikachu's Static, even though Static is not affected by Mold Breaker in the games"
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Tue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Sai watched as the Rampardos got back up, it didn't seem badly injured but it wouldn't be long before it would be knocked out, the large lizard wasn't really well known for such things as a sturdy defense. She watched how Roark switched into stat buffing and then continued with a physical attack. She crossed her arms across her chest. 'Two can play it this game' She thought.

"Swords dance, smack those rocks away with your claws!" she commanded

Drapions body also began to glow as it shuffled in its spot slashing the air in an odd sort of dance, it's pincers flinging back and forth batting the rocks around him. If the battle didn't seem so serious, this probably would have looked beautiful. Every time Lilac slapped a rock away it winced from having its defenses lowered earlier with screech.

Now that the field had been covered within a sandstorm, she could see that Drapion was getting pelted with sand. She saw that Rampardos was closing in quickly, so fast that it looked like a double team.

"Earthquake" she called out before the heavy set rock lizard collided with her Drapion...
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Tue May 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Masaru couldn't help but cheer seeing Drapion slam his claws into the ground just as Head smash would've slammed into Drapion. There was a loud explosion and the arena was covered in a large layer of smoke and dust.

Masaru held his breath in anticipation as the dust settled.

"Rampardos in unable to battle!" the referee said, seeing the Ko'd head butt pokemon laying at Lilac's feet.

"Sai is the victor!" the referee said raising a flag.

"Rampardos, return" Roark called back his pokemon and smiled "Thanks, you did good, rest well" he said. He walked over to Sai and handed her the gym badge "Here you go, I deem you worthy of the Coal badge" he said to her "That completes your eight right? Well, you sure are quick let me tell you, the league wont start for another six months" he said to her.

Masaru made his way down to the arena "Don't know who ya are but congrats on the victory" he said to Sai with a smile.

"Well, this'll be my last battle for the day" Roark said "My pokemon need to heal and I got a job to do at the mine"

"Oh, I see...then can we battle tomorrow?" Masaru asked him "I just got to Sinnoh a few weeks ago but decided to go about it with the traditional order" he said to him.

"Sure, I don't mind" Roark said, the two males then shook on it.

"C'mon Volcan, we got one more day to strategize!" he said to his Typhlosion who gave a calm nod. Despite the calm nature it seemed to be fired up from the battle.

"Huh...that's an odd mark there" Roark said seeing a strange mark on Typhlosion's chest in the shape of a sun.

"It's a birthmark" Masaru said "Volcan's had it since he was a Cyndaquil" he said placing a hand on it as it pulsed and glowed slightly "Even though he's a calm nature he's got a passionate fire burning deep down...maybe you'll see it tomorrow in our battle" he said to Roark.

He gave a polite bow and exited the gym. The volcano pokemon bowed to Roark and gazed at Sai momentarily. It stared at her curiously "Ty?"

"Volcan, what are ya doing? Lets go!"

Volcan turned to the direction of Masaru's voice before he turned back to Sai. He gave her a bow before he followed Masaru out the doors of the gym.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Wed May 30, 2012 12:17 am

"Thank you" was all Sai said when Roark handed her the gym badge. She took it and placed it in her pouch. Afterwards she gave Roark a hand shake and looked over at the guy who came up to them. He seemed about her age, and was quite built. 'he's quite a looker, however his style of fashion kinda questionable' she thought to herself.

Sai nodded when Masaru congratulated "thanks" she stated plainly. She eyed the typhlosion with interest as she listened to the males in the room talk.
'birthmark?' she leaned in to get a closer look, but the energetic trainer was already making his way towards the exit, causing the Typhlosion to move.

Sai would have probably dismissed any thoughts of what could have been, but the fact that Volcan kept his glance on her made her feel as if this was someone she'd know from before.

"Ty?" it echoed in her mind as the Typhlosion turned around to follow his trainer.
She watched them exit, and for some reason she felt heavy and distressed, as if she'd seen a ghost from her past. Sai easily regained her composure, she bid Roark a farewell, recalled her Drapion, and set out to follow the guy who had hastily left.

Outside the gym however she saw no one but the regular town folks and some miners walking about talking business. She sighed rather heavily, an awkward sigh for someone who had just won the final badge she needed from Sinnoh.

'Well, i guess i should go get my pkm healed...Sir Sludgealots got hammered, and Lilac got beat up pretty good.' she decided to head to the pokemon center...
It wasn't far, maybe a 3 minute walk, with some homes in between.
Once inside she handed her pokemon to Nurse Joy and waited by the counter.

Her gaze drifted off to a small tv hanging off the roof, it was advertising the latest brand of pokesnacks. She watched with a rather indifferent look on her face ~

Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Wed May 30, 2012 12:31 am

At that moment Masaru walked into the pokemon center with Volcan trailing behind "Geez, I can't believe I forgot were the damn Pokemon center was" he muttered.

"Ty" Typhlosion said sternly causing Masaru to sigh "Ok, ok, I will consult the town map next time, dad" he said gazing at Typhlosion who nodded with his arms crossed over his chest.

Masaru chuckled and hugged him "God you're so warm~" he said nuzzling him. Typhlosion patted him on the back a few times and Masaru released him.

"You ready for tomorrow?" he asked the fire type holding him at arms lentgh.

"Ty" he said with a nod.

"Yeah...neither am I" Masaru said with a sigh.

"Tyyyyy...." Typhlosion said slightly rolling his eyes.

"I know, I know, it's just big battles ya know?" Masaru said "I always get this...odd feeling of jitters beforehand yet I'm completely calm while-"

"Ty"

"Ok, ok, MOSTLY calm and analytically" Masaru corrected as they walked into the lobby of the pokemon center and continued to talk. To some trainers it seemed odd that he was talking and responding to his pokemon so casually like he was talking to another human.

None however brought it up to him as he removed his coat revealing his rather muscular arms. He sat down at a table and placed his feet up on the table while leaning back on his chair. Typhlosion sat on the ground next to him and laid his head against his lap allowing the male to run his gloved hand through his warm fur. His sunglasses fell to the bridge of his nose revealing his red eyes. Though he seemed to be staring in the direction of the TV at the ceiling his mind drifted off.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Wed May 30, 2012 1:18 am

The purple haired female had nearly dozed off that is until she heard a familiar voice speak loudly from behind her. She hated when people were loud and felt a bit annoyed. She turned her head to look at the source of the noise, and held an interested look when she realized it was the same guy from before. Sai was still curious about his typhlosion but stayed at the counter until Joy returned with her Pokemon.

She watched them interact with slight interest and once she got her pokemon back made her way towards the two. Normally Sai kept her distance from people, she didn't really talk much, and was quiet most of the time. So when she sat down at the same table as the Masaru right across from him she amazed herself.

"hey" she said nonchalantly, "My name is Sai, I saw you at the gym earlier..." she said as she leaned on table, her hair fell over her shoulders as she did so.
She decided to introduce herself first before asking him any questions about his Pokemon and about who he was.

She was so interested in taking a better look at Typhlosion that she didn't really bother to look at his muscles ~
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 am

Masaru, suddenly being snapped out of his thoughts, leaned too far back and crashed to the floor. Typhlosion had lifted his head from his lap as he fell back.

"Ty!"

"I'm fine...holy crap what a scare, I could'a died" he said staring up at the ceiling of the pokemon center.

"Ty!"

"I know right?" Masaru said with a laugh and began to impersonate a news reporter

"In the news today an upcoming Pokemon trainer's life ended in tragedy, the result a broken neck from falling backwards while leaning back against his chair" he chuckled a bit before he stood off the ground and picked up his chair.

"Ok, not trying tha- Oh hey there" Masaru said noticing Sai "You're the girl who won her Coal badge earlier today, great battle your Drapion's really amazing" he said with a smile.

"Ty" the volcano pokemon said with a nod.

"Volcan agrees by the way, just thought you should know" he said to her.

"Tyyyyy..."

"Huh? Oh crap you're right she did" Masaru said before he sat down at his chair "The name's Masaru Kojima, ya can call me Ma-kun for short if ya want, sorry about that, ya snapped me outta my thoughts suddenly so ya startled me"

The volcano pokemon gazed at her curiously once more as his trainer spoke. It leaned down and nuzzled one of her hands affectionately with its nose "Ty~!" he said happily.

Masaru stared at his Typhlosion curiously but remained silent. Volcan wasn't affectionate with just anyone. Who was this girl?
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Wed May 30, 2012 12:40 pm

She gave him an awkward look as he fell backwards, it wasn't like she pushed him over even spoke loud enough to startle anyone. When Masaru started to pretend broadcast,  Sai began to regret her decision of sitting with the guy. He was loud and very cheery, as if there wasn't a care in the world.  Very much unlike her...She sweat dropped not sure what to expect next. 

She nodded to him when he complemented her on her Drapion, the scorpion Pokemon was one of her favorites as she took the most time trying to improve its ground type weaknesses. 

She watched as the trainer and pokemon seemed to interact as if they were long time friends that could understand each other perfectly. Sai found this to be admirable, she guessed he traveled with Volcan always out of his pokeball, she was used to seeing that alot from other trainers. Sai always kept hers in her pokeballs. She found herself relaxing a little in her seat.

Sai remained polite and respectful.."nice to meet you" once Typhlosion began to nuzzle her she offered a soft smile, it didn't last long  but was visible enough for anyone to see if they had not blinked. The purple haired girl already new the answer to her question but she decided to inspect anyways. 

"I hope you don't mind I get a closer look at your typhlosion" she told Masaru as she rubbed the fire pokemons neck gently. Shifting in her seat to get a closer look at Volcan. She traced the marking on typhlosions chest.

"I see your new trainer is treating you with care... That's good" she finished given Volcan one last pat on the head. She leaned back on the table her attention back to Masaru. 

"so Masaru is it, prepared for tomorrow?" 
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Wed May 30, 2012 3:46 pm

"Oh no, go ahead" Masaru said as she asked about Volcan "He isn't really that affectionate with anyone aside from my mom, my sister and me...so it's kinda a nice surprise" he said with a smile.

"I see your new trainer is treating you with care... That's good"

His eyes snapped open "You...you knew who he belonged to before?" he asked her. It truly was a small world at times.

"Tomorr- Oh right my gym battle" he said momentarily forgetting about tomorrow. He decided to not press on about Volcan's past trainer for now and smiled "I only got there in time to see the final part of the battle but Roark seems to be prepared for all sorts of Pokemon types" he said "Rampardos isn't well known for special based attacks so it kinda took my by surprise that Roark taught it Flame thrower"

He chuckled "It's kinda like a guessing game in a way, what pokemon will he bring out? What moves will they have? What strategies has he prepared?" he wondered in a fascinated tone "The days before big battles I get the jitters, I worry...I panic...I may even rant a bit honestly...but the day of...it's like a switch goes off inside of me" he said.

At this point Typhlosion nuzzled her hand again. Sai looked over at him and gently scratched the top of his head.

"Try near his ears" Masaru offered.

The female did so and Typhlosion closed his eyes in bliss

Volcan: ¦D Ty~

Masaru chuckled lightly "I always liked that expression" he said "Volcan and I learned alot about each other over the years...we kinda rub off one another in a way" he said "Hey, if ya want why don't you go to the gym tomorrow and watch my battle?" he offered "I could use a second opinion...and...I wanna know if...well...if...Tetsu would approve" he said to her softly.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Sai leaned on her left hand and her right subconsciously rubbed the
backside of Volcans ears, as she she listened to Masaru. She remained
quiet after he asked about typhlosions previous trainer, mostly
because he moved on to talk about his upcoming match with Roark.

"it is surprising" she added to his comment about the flamethrower
with a nod "the Pokemon before rampardos, Also had flamethrower, It
was a golem" she finished and noted that he was quite the chatter
bug, and also very enthusiastic when he spoke, but at the moment his
tone was normal albeit a bit vibrant with emotion.

She stopped leaning on her arm to push some purple strands of hair behind her ear.

"I sometimes feel, there is no need to worry, knowing there's always a second chance...but if by my second try i lose, then i guess that's when i start to get agitated." she said calmly and felt like adding something along the lines of 'those pesky steel types', but decided against it. She nodded when Masaru spoke about the bond he had with Volcan, and began to reminisce

Although Tetsuya cared about his cyndaquil, she never saw this sort of interaction between the two, in fact she never really saw him battle much with cyndaquil. She recalled how Tetsuya never really got angry about anything, he was always calm and cool headed, much like Cyndaquil was.

She breifly wondered what Masarus connection was to Tetsuya.

"Hey, if ya want why don't you go to the gym tomorrow and watch my battle?" he offered "I could use a second opinion...and...I wanna know if...well...if...Tetsu would approve"

She held an indifferent look, but was actually rather surprised. She looked over at Typhlosion again, she could tell that it was very well trained, it was obvious by the shine of his coat.

Sai gave Masaru a slight nod...
"...im sure he'd be proud" she stayed quiet and looked over at the tv once again, a commercial playing, then looked back at Masaru.
"Suya was never much for battling... he spend more time studying than physically getting in the field...I think he wanted to be a researcher." it was hard to tell what she was feeling as Sai seemed to not give out any emotion to her words. They were just..matter of fact words, one would say.

She began to get up and looked at her pokegear. The time was roughly 5, it was time for some dinner.
"I'm going to grab something to eat" she stated and got ready to leave.
"You're welcome to come along if you'd like" she suggested and started to make her way out of the pokemon center

Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Wed May 30, 2012 9:20 pm

He stared at her surprised "Um...I.."

"Ty~" Volcan began to follow Sai happily causing Masaru to snort "Sure, I'd like to talk to ya some more" he said quickly getting up and following after her. As they walked out of the pokemon center Masaru could be heard saying "I'm treating you out next time though" before the doors closed behind them.

-The next day-

Masaru finished getting dressed after his shower. He smiled slightly seeing Volcan sleeping peacefully on the floor. He gazed at himself in the mirror and let out a sigh. The two had talked for quite a while last night and made their way back to the pokemon center which doubled as a hotel for traveling trainers.

"C'mon Volcan, rise and shine" Masaru said gently shaking Typhlosion awake. The volcano pokemon opened his eyes and gave a yawn.

"It's time buddy" he said causing the Typhlosion to nod at him readily. The two left their room and got some breakfast at the cafeteria of the pokemon center which also had pokemon food.

"Hmmm...you'll definitely see battle today Volcan...so will Kickman and Shihoshi as well" he said. In his mind he visualized his team. Volcan was up front, behind him was a human shaped figure and a star shaped figure.

"Yeah...that'll work" he said with a grin.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Wed May 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Sai had left the Pokemon center a few minutes earlier than Masaru. She yawned lightly as she walked towards the pokemon gym, her hands in her pockets as the warm sunlight beat down on her. The wind picked up slightly tossing some hair in her face, and kept the warm temperature moderate.

As she walked Sai thought about the previous day..
Last night was pretty interesting, the two and typhlosion had gone to a nearby dinner, Sai had ordered a small chicken meal while Masaru ordered a large hamburger with two water bottle. While Sai remained quiet and reserved, Masaru chatted about his journey across Hoenn and the Orange islands league.

Sai had spoken a bit about the pokemon academy she attended, which reminded her of the academy that Masaru told her he attended in Rustburo. She also told him that she had finished gathering the badges of Sinnoh and had a 6 month grace period of training ahead before the pokemon league. She told him her destination after Oreburg was to head back to Kanto to train for 5 months and then return a few weeks before game time.

Upon arriving at the gym she saw that Roark was already there, cleaning up the front porch of the gym.
Sai gave him small wave as she reached him.
"Morning" she said and offered bow, and watched as he took off his helmet to wipe his forhead.
"Oh back so soon Sai? Come to see the guy from yesterday fight?" He asked and seemed to be in a good mood as he smiled at her. Masaru had not given his name yesterday at the gym when the battle between Roark and Sai had ended.

"I suppose, i'm not in any kind of hurry" she said with a shrug.
"Ok, well lets go inside for some fresh ac, i'm sure challengers will be coming soon." he said and put his helmet back on
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Wed May 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Masaru made his way to the gym in a calm fashion with Typhlosion walking besides him. The doors to the gym opened revealing the battleground with Roark standing on the other side. It seemed he had been talking to Sai who sat up on the bleachers when Masaru came in.

"Oh, finally here huh?" Roark asked.

Masaru smiled "My name is Masaru Kojima, I'm from Hoenn, more specifically Dewford town, I was kinda rude the other day so I apologize for that"

"Hey now, no problem" Roark said waving his apology aside.

A referee stepped in between them wearing the traditional uniform while wielding a green and orange flag.

"The battle between Roark of Oreburgh Gym and Masaru Kojima of Dewford town will now begin" the referee said "Each side will have use of three pokemon, the battle will end once all of either sides pokemon are unable to battle, in addition, only the challenger is allowed to make substitutions"

Masaru removed his sunglasses and coat revealing his built frame beneath his red shirt "Bring it" he said pulling a lure ball out.

"Begin the battle!" the referee said crossing the flags.

"Aerodactyl, lets go!" Roark said throwing a pokeball out. A flash of light erupted from the pokeball and out came an Aerodactyl who gave a cry.

"Wow, an Aerodactyl, man....you rock dudes sure bring back some amazing stuff" Masaru said before he smirked "Shihoshi! Lets go!" he said throwing the lure ball out. It opened revealing a starfish pokemon with a red ruby center.

"Hyah!" it cried, floating along the battlefield.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Amy Chao Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Sai took a seat nearby, it felt refreshing to not have to worry about fighting against Roark today. Now it was her turn to just sit back and relax, and see how someone else would fair against the rock gym leader.

"going for type advantage i see, smart man, but it's gonna take alot more than type advantage to win this one" he said and adjusted his glasses.

"alright let's start this battle off strong, Aerodactyl stonedge now!" he said with a confident smile as he pointed at the opponent. The speedy Aerodactyls began to glow as rocks appeared all around it's body, with one swift motion of its wings the rocks shot out towards starmie, some hit the ground causing mini craters.
Amy Chao
Amy Chao
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Thu May 31, 2012 2:08 pm

"Psychic!"

The rocks were stopped inches away from Starmie and coated in purple energy. Masaru smiled "Thanks for the gift Roark-san, Starmie send them back" he said as he pointed at Aerodactyl.

Starmie shot the jagged stones back at Aerodactyl.

"Starmie, Thunderbolt now!" Masaru commanded, Electricity gathered into Starmie's core, its back spun and it released a torrent of electricity at Aerodactyl.
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenji Chao Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 pm

"I love the sound of pokemon battles in the morning.! Don't you Amber?" A cheery voice drawled near the purple headed trainer. What sounded like a pikachu gave their approval.

Not too far from the girl was a young man on his feet, wearing blue denim cargo pants with zippers to reduce them to shorts, just below the knee. Tan zip up boots from the side. A white sleeveless shirt underneath of a dark green photographers vest. He had the bronze skin of an islander with black hair picked up in a low ponytail. A camouflage Boonie hat sitting atop of his head.

He also had on black fingerless gloves with a silver streak running through the fabric from the index finger across the back of the gloves. And a physique of a swimmer and a runner. He was happily snapping pictures of various angles while jumping up and down the bleachers, oddly enough making little noise.

A small pikachu was sitting near its trainer with her dark purple and almond shaped eyes, different from usual perfectly sphere shaped pikachu's. It was watching the starting of the battle with its yellow coat shining under the gym lights. On the bleacher behind it sat a hiking backpack colored in dark blue and a long black case beside it.
Kenji Chao
Kenji Chao

Number of posts : 7
Job/hobbies : Armed Security/ Reading, swimming, shooting, video games.
Registration date : 2011-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryu Chao Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 pm

"Aerodactyl use agility to dodge!" Roark commanded. Aerodactyl dodged the jagged rocks that were his own Stone edge attack and maneuvered around the electric torrent that was Starmie's Thunderbolt.

"Huh...nice move" Masaru said.

"Now, go for Crunch!"

Aerodactyl dashed quickly at Starmie with it's mouth wide open.

"Thunderwave!" Masaru called out suddenly. Starmie was bitten on one of it's appendages harshly by Aerodactyl. As that happened though a faint pulse of electricity shocked Aerodactyl.

It tossed Starmie away smashing it into one of the rocks of the battlefield. The ancient pokemon struggled to move as electricity was pulsing through it's nerves.

"Shihoshi, you alright?" Masaru asked. The Starmie gave a salute but there was no doubt that Crunch had hit it's mark.

"Recover!" he said, the red gem in Starmie's center glowed a deep red and surrounded Starmie in a healing aura. It dispersed and Starmie gave a salute "Hyah!"
Ryu Chao
Ryu Chao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next